A great and hilarious resource – some of the best sex ed out there!
Our parents had The Joy of Sex, we have the next generation of totally balls-out (and vulva-out!) candidness in Oh Joy Sex Toy!! Oh Joy Sex Toy is sui generis… there may not be a book in print simultaneously this honest, this educational, and THIS HILARIOUS. Even if you don’t masturbate, the pages of this book will probably change your mind. Free at last, free at last, god almighty we are free from whack-off shame at last!!! From page one you must ask yourself: did I just really read that? YES YOU DID. Liberating, liberating, LIBERATING!!!
Erika Moen is fucking amazing and Oh Joy Sex Toy will change your life for the better.
PhD Emily Nagoski
It is written and drawn with such gosh-darn sweet enthusiasm by Erika Moen (with the occasional guest-shot from husband Matthew, who provides a dude’s perspective) that even if your tastes are tamer than Moen’s, I think you’ll find it a perfectly wonderful read.
- ★ Starred Library Journal Review
- ★ Starred Publishers Weekly Review
- Showcased at the TATE MODERN
- Sex Gets Real
- A.V. Club
- Guest Expert on Savage Lovecast
- Book Riot, Twice!
- Smart Bitches Trashy Books
- The Portland Mercury
- The Daily Beast
- XO Jane
- The Verge
- Savage Love
- Comics Alliance, many, times!
Erika Moen’s Oh Joy Sex Toy is a revolution in laughter and a hardcore exploration of the orgasm. It’s a refreshingly frank comic strip about vaginas, sex toys and human sexuality.
They make sex ed so freakishly entertaining, I don’t even care I’m learning something.
Sex Nerd Sandra
The surprise is how compulsively readable Erika Moen’s wonderful tour of the wonderful world of wonderful toys is—she’s like a naughty Leonard Maltin set loose in an adults-only episode of ‘Jackass.’ Sex positive AND comics positive. My two favorites.
The information is so good and thorough and the reviews are charming and honest. It really is the best thing since the Hitachi Magic Wand!
Searah, Early To Bed
Like good sex, it’s goofy fun that might just make the reader’s life better.
★ Starred Publishers Weekly Review
Awards & Accolades
- 2016 Feb, Coloring Book, Amazon’s#1 New Release in both Erotic Graphic Novels & Erotic Art
- 2016 Finalist, Harvey Award: Best Online Comics Work
- Third Place, Comics Alliance, Best of 2016 & Outstanding Cartoonist
- Runner-up, Comics Alliance, Best Factual Comic 2016
- 2016 Finalist, Oregon Book Award: Graphic Literature and Readers Choice
- #1 rated Sex Blogger, 2014, 2015, 2016 on Kinkly.com
- Voted 2nd Best ‘Portland Blog’ 2016, Willamette Week
- 2015 Finalist, Autostraddle: Webcomic, Episodic
- 2014 & 2013 Finalist, Slate’s Cartoonist Studio Award
I think this Oh Joy Sex Toy thing that Erika Moen is doing is really awesome.
Unfailingly sprightly and positive, week in and week out.
The Comics Journal
Imaginative, grounded in research, non-judgmental and entertaining. Highly recommended.
Erika’s comics are such a joy to read.
I hope everyone, everywhere, is lucky enough to find Oh Joy Sex Toy… and laugh while learning something new.
They have raised the bar on sex education with fun comics, nerdy jokes, and tons of radical inclusivity.
Moen reminds us that sex should be fun, funny, and safe, and her work is absolutely essential reading.
Emma Lawson, Comics Alliance
Oh Joy Sex Toy is the sexual education that everyone in the world needs. One of the most queer-friendly, colorful, and out-right positive webcomics out there.
Tara Marie, Comics Alliance
If you would like to get in contact with Oh Joy Sex Toy, email Matthew here.